Effective Date: December 17, 2020
Last Updated: December 17, 2020
Oula Health, Inc. (“Oula Health,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a company that collects and provides information to users of our website www.oulahealth.com and any interactive mobile application that Oula Health may develop from time to time ((the “App,” and collectively, the “Sites”) regarding obstetrics, prenatal and midwifery care. We value your relationship with us and are dedicated to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
Please note that your health and medical information and other personal information collected for purposes of providing healthcare is regulated by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and similar federal and state laws (collectively “protected health information”), including the privacy and security protections of those laws. Accordingly, this Policy does not pertain to protected health information. Any coverage of protected health information in this Policy is incidental and provided merely to enhance your understanding of our data collection and use practices, and does not waive or override our obligations under other laws. Please visit our Patient Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices for more information regarding our collection and use of protected health information.
This Policy also does not apply to third-party sites, products, or services, even if they link to our Sites, and we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third-party site with which you choose to interact. Where links to third-party sites are integrated in our Sites, we will make every effort to clearly mark them as such.
Table of Contents
- Collection of Personal Information. We collect personal information when you register for our Sites or otherwise communicate with us.
- How We Use Your Personal Information. We use your personal information in many ways, including to provide our Sites, communicate with you, maintain a safe and secure environment, and comply with legal obligations.
- How We Share Your Personal Information. We share your personal information for several reasons, including for our own internal purposes, to promote various products and services, and pursuant to legal obligations.
- Your Rights and Choices. You may have certain privacy rights relating to electronic marketing communications, and California and Nevada residents may have other rights.
- Data Security and Retention. We maintain technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to help protect the security of your personal information.
- International Data Transfers. Our Sites are operated from the United States and intended only for individuals located in the United States.
- Use by Children. We do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 13 years without parental consent.
- Contact Information. You may contact us in several ways.
- Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you that you choose to provide to us when you use the Sites, including when you contact us or respond to our communications, create a new account on our Sites, interact with us on social media, or participate in our events.
- Account information. When you create an account with us, you will be asked to provide your first and last name, date of birth, gender at birth, pronouns, pregnancy status, and expected due date. Once in the App, you will be provided the option to update your profile with your phone number and full address, and perform functions like creating a pregnancy care plan, booking an appointment, or messaging with our team.
- Contact information. When you sign up on our Sites to receive information from us, you will be asked to provide your first and last name, email address, and zip code.
- Communications information. When you communicate with us online by responding to our emails, messaging, or otherwise contacting or responding to us via online means, we may collect information about the communication and any personal information you choose to provide in the content of those communications.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information that we collect about you online for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the services, products, or information that you request
- Provide you with customer service and other communications
- Provide you with information about our services and other opportunities that we believe may be of interest to you, and to personalize, measure, and improve such offers
- Conduct analytics to improve our Sites, products, and services, and for new products and services
- Maintain and improve the quality of our Sites
- Protect ourselves, you, and others, prevent fraud, and create and maintain a trusted and secure online environment
- Comply with our legal obligations, respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- Self-auditing and other internal business operations
We may combine personal information collected from you via the Sites with other information we obtain from our business records or third-party sources in order to provide you with a better experience and to provide and improve and maintain our Sites and the products and services we offer. Additionally, personal information collected about you from a particular browser or device may be linked to personal information collected from another computer or device that we believe relates to you.
- How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share personal information collected online with our vendors, partners and other entities, consistent with the circumstances in which we have collected the information as follows:
- Our business associates and other vendors, as necessary to provide services on our behalf such as website hosting, analytics, site optimization, communications, marketing, technical support, and customer support.
- Our third party business partners for marketing and related purposes consistent with your permission.
- Public health authorities or other governmental authorities for public health-related purposes, health oversight activities or national security purposes as disclosed in our Patient Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices.
- For legal compliance and harm prevention, including to respond to legal process (such as subpoenas, court orders, or search warrants, etc.) or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may provide information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or wrongdoing; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oula Health, its customers, and others; to enforce our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required by law.
- For business transactions, subject to applicable law, in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale or transfer of all or a portion of our assets.
The general purpose of cookies is to remember a browser over time and distinguish one browser instance (or user) from all others. Some cookies and other technologies may track the personal information users provide when they interact with a site, and may store such personal information. We use first-party and third-party cookies to ensure that our Sites function properly, to understand how individuals use and engage with our Sites and to analyze and improve our Site.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to block or delete all cookies in your browser’s settings using the links provided below. Please note that if you block essential cookies, certain parts of the Sites may not function properly.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
- Your Rights and Choices
- Electronic Marketing Communications
If you would like to stop receiving our emailed newsletter or other electronic marketing or promotional messages and notifications, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions that appear in our email or text communications. You may also be able to manage your electronic communications preferences by contacting us. We will endeavor to comply with these requests as soon as reasonably practicable. Please be advised that you may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain service or transactional email messages from us that are required to provide you with our Services.
- California “Shine the Light” Law
California residents additionally have the right to request information regarding third parties to whom Oula Health has disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes under California’s “Shine the Light” Law. Personal information under this California law means any information that identified, described, or was able to be associated with an individual at the time of disclosure. We do not disclose this type of personal information to third parties for their own purposes, and we permit you to opt-out of any disclosures of non-identifiable personal information. However, if you are a California resident and would like to inquire further, please contact us. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your email or mail request so that we can verify your California residence and respond.
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents have the right to request to opt out of any “sale” of their personal information under Nevada SB 220. You may request to opt out of the future sale of your personal information. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us. You must include your full name, email address and postal address in your email or mail request so that we can verify your Nevada residence and respond. In the event we sell your personal information after the receipt of your request, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with such request
- Data Security and Retention
The privacy and security of your personal information is deeply important to us. To that end, Oula Health maintains technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the security of your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, misuse or disclosure. Your personal information is accessible to only a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Please note, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
- International Data Transfers
Oula Health offers its obstetrics, prenatal and midwifery care, and related products and services, to individuals in the United States only. As such, our Sites are operated from the United States and intended only for customers and web visitors located in the United States. Any collection of personal information from individuals located outside the United States is unintentional and/or incidental.
- Use by Children
Our Sites are not directed toward individuals under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children, and no personal information should be submitted to our Sites by Children. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a Child, we will delete that personal information as permitted by law. You must be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal information in your country, and you must be at least 18 years of age to use our services. If you believe we may have any collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please submit a written request via the email to email@example.com.
- Links to Other Sites
- Contact Information
Oula Health, Inc.
2093 PHILADELPHIA PIKE, NUM 7882,
CLAYMONT, DE 19703